This is convenient for keeping a web page in view while you do something else next to it. With Windows 10, you can also easily display 3 or 4 windows at the same time on the screen. Convenient if you have a big screen.
- To display the current window in the upper left corner, press the Windows key. While holding it down, press the Arrow to the left and then the Arrow up.
- To display another window at the bottom left, select it in the taskbar and press the Windows key. While holding it down, press the Arrow to the left and then Arrow down.
- You now have 2 windows on the left half of the screen. On the entire right half, you can display a third window by selecting it and pressing the Windows and Right Arrow keys.
- If you prefer to display 2 windows on the right half (4 windows in total), select a window and press the Windows key. While holding it down, press the Arrow to the right and then Arrow up. Select the last window and press the Windows key. While holding it down, press the Arrow to the right and then the Arrow down.
- You can of course adapt the layout of the windows according to what you need to work efficiently.
Do you want to change your password to enhance the security of your user account?
1. Click the Start button and then Settings.
2. Click Accounts.
3. In the left column, click Sign-in Options and click the Change button under the Password element.
4. Enter your current password and click Next. Enter your new password and confirm it. Enter a password hint to help you recover a password if you forget it. Confirm.
Finally, click Finish. Your new password will be active the next time you log in to your user account.
Do you want to hide confidential files on your computer? This topic will show you how to create a hidden folder. The files that will be placed there will not be accessible to everyone who uses your computer. Right click on the folder you want to hide and select Properties from the context menu. In the Properties dialog box, on the General tab, check the Hidden box and validate by clicking OK.
If the folder is still visible, it means hidden files, folders, and drives are displayed. Switch to the View tab and click the Options icon. The Folder Options dialog box appears. Switch to the View tab select the Do not show hidden files, folders and drives option and confirm with OK.
Your folder is no longer visible. Of course, you can display it again by selecting Show hidden files, folders, and drives in the Folder Options dialog box.
You want to silence all software and applications except an application: your music software, a video player like Spotify and mute the browser or other windows? With the Windows 10 volume mixer, it’s easy.
Right-click the volume icon on the taskbar. Click Open Volume Mixer.
Click the Cut Speakers button.
The sound of all applications is cut off. Click the Restore Volume button under the application you wish to hear only.
All applications are silent except the one you have activated.
To clean up too many icons or to make a joke to a friend/colleague, it is possible in a few clicks to remove all the shortcuts found on the wallpaper of a Windows PC. This is not really a deletion but rather a masking of all the icons, which can be re-displayed in a few seconds.
Hide all Windows desktop shortcuts
On the screen image, right-click to choose View and Show desktop icons:
All icons for shortcuts, programs, and documents are gone. The desktop is empty but we can continue to access applications, games and documents via the Start menu.
A bad view or a new laptop where the texts are displayed too small? Not necessarily need to go to the ophthalmologist, it is possible to increase the size of text and screens of a Windows computer without changing the overall appearance of the display. This is a zoom that is adjusted to match the size of the windows and the correct size of the texts, to meet the accessibility and ergonomics requirements of any operating system for the general public. Thus, Windows 10 is really usable from 7 to 77 years, as the expression says.
This tutorial explains how to increase the size of programs and text displayed on the screen of a Windows 10 computer or tablet. This configuration will also allow high-end notebooks to display a resolution that can be used by the eye. human, even when the slab is 4K UHD (3840 x 2160 pixels) on a screen of only 14 inches (Lenovo Yoga 900/910/920, for example).
If the most common software is compatible with this configuration change, note that Java applications (JRE) will not be able to maximize text size, as configured on Windows 10. For these apps, only the display resolution is taken. counting and not scaling the size of the texts. follow these steps to enlarge the text in windows 10 :
- Click on the Start menu and then on the gear wheel or use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Windows Settings.
- Move to the Display menu and find “Scaling and Layout” under the screen display. In the section “Change the size of text, applications and other items”: change the original 100% to a larger size: 125%, 150%, 175% or 200%. Start with the lowest value to see the rendering and then increase the size further if necessary.
- The configuration change is immediate or requires a disconnection of the session (closing all currently open programs).The new display size applies to windows, text, and programs.To zoom even more, you can click on “Custom Scale” to enlarge up to 500% the size of texts, software and other elements of Windows.